April 10, 2011

JAIL-MAIL from Chaplain Tom, NEW LIFE CORRECTIONS MINISTRY at WAYSIDE CROSS MINISTRIES, AURORA,IL, April, 10, 2011

JAIL-MAIL from Chaplain Tom, NEW LIFE CORRECTIONS MINISTRY at WAYSIDE CROSS MINISTRIES, AURORA,IL, April, 10, 2011

TRANSFORMING INCARCERATED DADS
CLASS 1
An Historical Perspective of Fathering
God's Plan to
Solve the Problem Pride, Humility & Grace Re-building Trust

CLASS 2
What is a Real Man? Self-Worth
Setting Goals

CLASS 3
Spirituality, Religion & Christianity
Christianity & Change

CLASS 4
Handling Anger
Conflict Resolution
Self-Control
Alcohol & Drugs

CLASS 5
Empathy
Providing Treasure
More "Distant Dad" Activities

CLASS 6
Relationships
Sex, Marriage,
Love & Lust

CLASS 7
The Perfect Father
How did I Learn
to be a Dad?
Being a Good Example
CLASS 8
Dad is a Leader,
A Servant-Leader
Discipline

CLASS 9
Fireproof, the Movie

April 2nd - MINISTRY TRAINING SEMINAR

There's just nothing like a bunch of "Jail People" getting together! Chaplain Tom is convinced it's the closest thing to Heaven! our friend Rich Hines from ChaplainHelp.org, a division of Aurora Ministries (Bradenton, Florida) visited us again. This is Rich's 3rd Seminar here, and as usual, God was glorified, and He was enthusiastically received, by a record crowd of 76 Jail & Prison Ministry devotees!

And, thanks to the men on the Master's Touch Program at Wayside Cross, and their leaders George Bavas & Mike Cipely, we were all treated like royalty. They provided us with a well-furnished venue, coffee, snacks, and a great lunch! Many of the Master's Touch men who served us were just recently doing time in some of our jails & prisons, and are now involved in our Bible-based, Christ-centered aftercare.

April 4-5 - DADS' SEMINAR

Robinson, Illinois
Most of the Illinois Prisons are just a bit far for us to drive for weekly Dads' Classes. So, our "Road Team" went to Robinson, Illinois - about five hours south of Chicagoland - to present the classes in a 2-Day Seminar. There, thanks to our friend Dr. Dee Dee Brookhart, the Clinical Services Supervisor at the Robinson Prison, we were able to spend two days in prison with 60 respectful & grateful inmates.

ROAD TEAM - Brian Polencheck, Dave Haidle, Chaplain Tom, George King
The photo was taken at an Italian restaurant in Robinson, a welcome relief to Brian after his first "prison food."

It was an honor & a privilege to follow in the footsteps of John the Baptist and introduce the Robiinson prison inmates to "the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).

Please pray that more prisons will welcome us to do our Dads' Classes as a 2-Day Seminar. And, if you want to be a volunteer on our "Road Team" to other prisons, please contact Chaplain Tom at tbeatty@waysidecross.org.

And from our Stateville Dads' Class:

Gregory
I pray for the love of my kids and their family as well as mine. My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother and their kids. In Jesus name we ask God and give thanks for. I ask in the name of the Father and Son. God is good. Thank you.

Terrence
Family, Case, Faith, and School

Marcus
I ask that you pray for me as well as for my family. My sister is dealing with a heart condition while pregnant with her third child. I ask God to continue to keep her healthy and allow her to persevere through it all. Continue to give me strength to overcome each obstacle that I may face each day. Deliver me from this place and allow me to do Your will. Amen. Thank you.

Larry
Please pray for me to continue in my walk towards the righteous and my heart to be open and compassionate towards others. Also pray for my children and I do want to have healthy relationships with them. Pray for my brothers and sisters, my lady and her children, my cousin, aunts and uncles, my friends, my teachers, my classmates and the corrections staff. Please pray that God helps me keep my sanity up in here. and that I continue to be humble. Amen. And please pray for my cell mate. He really needs it.

One last item: Please pray about supporting the New Life Corrections Ministry financially. We're really in need of monthly contributors. If you could make a donation, perhaps the easiest way is to visit our website www.waysidecross.org, then click on the Red Heart. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment