August 29, 2011

Sheridan Correctional Malachi Dads Prayer Request - Friday August 26, 2011

Greetings all;

It was a very special evening this past Friday. SOCPM recognized 12 men who completed the Malachi Dads program!! I was joined by my wife and special guest George “Modavador g” Salter the Discipleship and Resident Director (DRDs) for the Koinonia House® of Wheaton (KHW). George and I both spoke on the the Soldier of Christ's call and character prior to the distribution of personalized certificates to the men signed by Assistant Warden of Programs Mary J. Johnson and myself.

It was an evening of good-byes for some as Miguel, Charles and John P will parole prior to the start or shortly after SOCPM's new classes begin at Sheridan this fall.

I'd like to thank you all for being prayer warriors this past class and hope you will continue to be prayer warriors this fall. SOCPM has been blessed to return with an orientation for fall classes schedule for September 30th. SOCPM will be teaching two separate classes this fall 'Discipleship 101' which will include a series of four books covering basic Christian teachings and "Inside Out Dad" a book from Malachi Dads will return in a separate class taught consecutively in four 10 week sessions with a schedule to be determined.

There is also the possibility SOCPM will be teaching "Inside Out Dad" at Dixon Correctional Center beginning this Fall. SOCPM has a meeting with Dixon this Wednesday hopefully to finalize. God is blessing SOCPM with these new opportunities and covets your prayers for ministry partners for volunteering to assist in teaching, financial support and most of all prayer warriors o lift up the weekly prayer request. If you are interested in receiving the SOCPM quarterly newsletter The Barbed Wire™ please reply to this e-mail

Again thanks for all your prayers

Jon B – I just give thanks for your prayers and good news on my CT scan results. My cancer is still in remission.

Miguel – I ask that you pray for my wife Lizette that God shows her the way that He wants her to, also that God shows her again that the only true happiness that she can receive is from and through Him and Him alone

Jacob – I would like you to pray for my family that God protects them. I want you to pray for my church. I want you to pray for yourselves. I want you to pray for my brothers and sisters.

John P – Dear prayer warriors I am sure you were all continuing to pray for me during my absence (John missed her first and only class). I would like you to pray for my family. We are all struggling to stay connected due to finances and being in different states, but I know God somehow make a way. Also please keep Scott’s son in your prayers as he will heed to God’s word in due time. Please pray that my name is on the list to continue receiving God’s word. Scott’s upcoming class is approaching and I would like to attend. Also pray that my relationships with my daughters are restored.

Robert F. – I am asking prayer for my family and friends and for the men of Sheridan

C.C. and I really need prayer and I just turn my life in every aspect over to God not to worry but only to depend in God and prayer in my relationship with my girlfriend, also prayer for Scott, his wife and mother that the Lord provides all their needs. God bless you all and your families. Amen

Robert M. – I would like prayer for you Scott that the Lord can use you to continue to share His glory w/me and others. Also please pray for me so that I may be guided by God. Still pray for my children and my mother.

Clarence – Pray for me that peace of God that surpasses all understanding will rest upon my heart, that I first will be faithful obedient man of God, also a nurturing father. In Jesus name Amen

Charles – My name is Charles W. I would like prayer for my journey to walk with the Lord, prayer for my transition from prison to a spiritual re-entry program on 09-09-11, prayer for my daughter Serena and her mother Angel, prayer for my journey through sobriety, prayer for me to provide for Serena. Thank you and God bless.

Adam – Grace, peace and mercy to all of you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ; I would like to tell all of you guys that my prayer is for al of you and your walk with Christ. Could we pray for the brethren and all that need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. Here we are laborers in His field for His work & His glory. Amen. Praise, honor and glory to God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ! Amen. Peace and love.

Rodney – Please pray for those effected by the earthquake on the east coast. Pray for the brother leaving here. Thank you and God bless

Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord;

Scott Kalas
Soldiers of Christ Prison Ministries™

No comments:

Post a Comment