October 21, 2011

SUGGESTED READING

This is a wonderful book for those that are incarcerated and getting out in the upcoming years. Or for those recently released and need a job.

Title: START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
Author: BLAKE MYCOSKIE
Publisher: Spiegel & Grau (September 6, 2011)
Pages: 208



I have to be honest, I’d never heard of TOMS shoes until Blake Mycoskie spoke at my church, WILLOW CREEK COMMUNITY CHURCH. I was instantly intrigued by his story, as well as admired his morals. I’ve been serving, mainly in the prison and Jail ministers, since 2004. I know firsthand what it means for God to place in your heart a passion that blesses you as well as others.

After the service they were selling TOMS shoes, along with Blake’s book out in the lobby. I was tempted, but low on funds and needing to pick my kids up from their classes, had me opting out. I went home not purchasing anything, something I often don’t do when it comes to books, yet the story of TOMS and the book START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS was never far from my mind.

Within days I received my Amazon Vine Program picks. To my utter amazement, START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS was one of the choices I could choose from! Clearly a God thing. I didn’t hesitate. I immediately ordered the book.

Right from the first pages I was captivated. START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS is a quick and easy read. I wasn’t even twenty pages in and I was itching to write and post a review. But I held off. I wanted to make sure I captured every essence of the book from start to finish.

In my copy, that I will forever keep, it’s marked with many highlights and dog-eared pages. Before I was even finished with the book I was emailing TOMS, telling others about it, and started a new blog to START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
I certainly could have reservations on starting this endeavor, but as Blake’s book clearly states, don’t over think it. Don’t let worry and fear cancel out what you know in your heart to be true. And don’t be afraid to make mistakes. http://jackscardsofhope.blogspot.com/

I’m NOT letting this opportunity to serve the least of theses for the Lord, slip away due to fear, doubt, and lack of. I will push on and carry out what Jesus has placed in my heart to do.

I WILL START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS!

What about you?

START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS by BLAKE MYCOSKIE, is a must read for EVERYONE!

It will change your life.

A few key things I learned from START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS:

-Trust
-Simplicity
-Faith
-Give

No comments:

Post a Comment